Monday, August 11, 2008

Welcome!


I have been wanting to start a blog for a while now, really ever since I have become obsessed with reading other people's blogs! I have a major interest in personal finance, home decorating and overall organization, all while living the most frugal life I can.





Perhaps I should begin by introducing myself. My name is Stephanie Graham and I live with my husband in a condo that we purchased last October in Massachusetts. I just recently turned 23 years old, and my husband is 22 years old. We were married in March of 2008. I went to a local state school for a bachelor's degree in Biology. I graduated the four year program in only three years, while working a part time job about 30 hours a week. Kyle, my husband graduated from a different school with a bachelors degree in Sports and Recreation Management with a minor in Marketing. His college baseball team took up a lot of his time, and they made it to the NCAA College World Series twice in his college career. We were both fortunate to find jobs right out of school, although both of our first jobs turned out to be disasters! I worked in a soils engineering lab while he worked at an entry level marketing job in Boston. I was able to find an entry level position in Customer Service at a larger Biotech business in Boston, and we were able to commute into the city everyday together. From our house that was about 60 miles per day.




Kyle and I have become very savvy and efficient at saving our money, especially for our age. By living a very structured life through my organizational skills, we were able to save up for some of the larger purchases and goals that we had. We both drive new cars, Kyle has a fuel efficient Honda Civic, while I drive a Jeep Compass. Kyle has found a job closer to home, whereas my company ended up moving out of the city and closer to our condo. The Compass does well on gas compared to other smaller crossovers, but it has the main feature every New Englander needs, 4 wheel drive! The Compass was a little bit of a splurge, however we will usually only use it for trips when the weather is bad, or when we have to load up the back. We also own our own one bedroom condo in the town we grew up in. The town is on the wealthier side, however we both love the area having grown up here. We are going to begin to look for houses in the area at the beginning of 2009 (unless we find the perfect fit before that).

I have also lost close to thirty five pounds in the last year. This was mainly due to the fact that I was motivated by our nuptuals! My mother (who lost fifty pounds!) and I have been Weight Watchers lifetime members now for a few months. I will try to include some healthy eating habits and tips in this blog as well, as that has become such a large part of my life as well.

Overall, I hope that my blog, however small, will help people organize and better their lives.

No comments: